Monday, January 11, 2016

2016 First Quarter Finish-Along Projects

My first quarter 2016 Finish Along projects (edited to add photos):


1.  Serendipity

1.  "Serendipity" lattice quilt using Robert Kaufman Whisper Prints charms and Artisan Batiks Spring Mod II jelly roll strips.  This was the spring 2015 class project at church quilting.  All the blocks are done and two rows of 5 sewn together.  Two more rows to go, plus backing, quilting, and binding.  Deadline is 1/16/16 for the church quilt show.

2. Bordered Squares
2.  "Bordered Squares" quilt using Benartex Burlap and Lace charms and Robert Kaufman Whisper Prints jelly roll strips.  I started this in January 2015.  All of the 64 blocks are complete.  I need to finish squaring them and sew them together, plus borders, backing, quilting, and binding.

3. Red Log Cabin

3. "Log Cabin" using yardage in red/maroon and yellow/gold started December 2014 for one of my twin nieces. Pattern is all sevens.  Quilt top is complete.  I need to back, quilt, and bind it.

4. Blue/Green Log Cabin
4.  "Log Cabin using yardage in greens and blues started December 2014 for the other twin niece.  Pattern is barn raising.  Quilt top is complete.  I need to back. Quilt, and bind it.

5. Disappearing Pinwheel
6. Unequal Nine-Patch
5.  "Disappearing Pinwheel" friendship star layout using yardage in black, white, and gray with turquoise piping.  This was the fall 2014 church class project and was my first quilt.  Quilt top is complete.  I need to back, quilt, and bind it.

6.  Unequal nine-patch quilt.  I don't know the name of the block pattern.  I used Flight Patterns by Tamera Kate for Michael Miller layer cake and yellow dragonfly yardage from Joann.  It is our Spring 2016 class project.  I started it in November 2015.  All of the blocks are completed.  I need to do the sashing, borders, backing, quilting, and binding.

I got the pictures loaded, though I'm not happy with their placement. Live and learn.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your projects. What a good idea to make two log cabin quilts at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you overcome the picture problem as I'd love to see these projects! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete