Monday, February 1, 2016

Serendipity Lattice Quilt Top Finished

After much anguish over its numerous imperfections, I took the encouragement of one of my quilting class cohorts and finished this "Serendipity" lattice quilt top.  The inner border was made from the half-square triangles I cut off of the snowballed corners of the batik blocks, cut off 1/4 inch above the small triangles.  I took this opportunity to learn how to do mitered borders, even though the corners turned out to have a lot of little pieces in them.  I would rather try out and learn something new than have perfect quilts.  I am pleased with the quilt overall.  The Spring Mode II batiks and Whisper Prints background turned out the way I envisioned they would--a big plus, since This was only my second class project.

Here are closeups of the fabrics and the borders.  The mitered corners weren't sewed yet and the whole thing hadn't been pressed.


It's nice to be done with the top and ready to sandwich and quilt it.  I plan to bind it with a scrappy border of the colored batiks.

No comments:

Post a Comment