Friday, April 1, 2016

First Quarter Finish-Along "Serendipity" Quilt Finished

I started this quilt over a year ago and had pretty much given up on it until one of the women in my quilt group encouraged me to finish it.  It was the first item on my 2016 Finish-Along list for this quarter. And was the only thing I finished.


I took the best of my blocks and put them together.  This pattern yields a bunch of leftover half-square triangles that have two fabrics making up one half of the HST's. I sewed many of them together to make the border, then cut it off 1/4 inch past the end of the small triangle to get the alternating square/HST pattern, then took the leftover block components to make a piano-key border. The quilting is my first attempt at doing something other than stitching in the ditch.  I used a walking foot for all of it.  (So

2 comments:

  1. So gorgeous - I love the colours and how they seem to blend together! Great work on the quilting, too! Thank you for participating in the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of the 2016 hosts!

    ReplyDelete